Veg Manchurian is a very popular Indian street food. Veg Manchurian is a very easy, delicious and crispy recipe.
Veg Manchurian is a popular and tasty Indo Chinese street food dish is prepared with cabbage and Chinese sauces. Mostly it eats with Veg Fried Rice or Veg Hakka Noodles.
FOR MACHURIAN BALLS
- 1 cup cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4-5 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp maida (plain flour)
- 1 tbsp chili powder/ chili flakes/ fine chopped chili
- 3-4 tbsp cornflour
- Oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp ginger, garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ capsicum, sliced
- ½ tbsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp schezwan sauce (optional)
- In a big bowl take cabbage, carrot, capsicum, ginger garlic paste, onion, spring onion, salt, chili powder (as per your taste) and mix everything well together.
- Add maida, cornflour and mix well.
- Do not use water. Go on mixing and moisture released from veggies will be absorbed.
- Form a soft dough add maida or cornflour if required.
- Mix well and make a soft dough of it.
- After making dough take a small portion of dough and make a small ball.
- Heat up oil in a pan and add Manchurian balls to it.
- Fry the Manchurian balls until these turn nice golden brown.
- Drain off the Manchurian ball and take these out into a dish.
- Manchurian balls are ready.
- Take cornflour into a bowl and add water.
- Mix well to make cornflour slurry and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and ginger saute for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onion and fry it a little.
- Add sliced capsicum, carrot, spring onion fry a little.
- Add black paper powder, vinegar and mix well.
- Add soya sauces, tomato sauce, chili sauce, schezwan sauce (optional) mix well.
- Add salt be careful while adding salt as all these sauces contain salt.
- Mix well and add cornflour slurry.
- If you want more gravy then add more cornflour slurry and water.
- If you want thick gravy then don’t add water only add cornflour slurry.
- Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes until the rawness of cornflour.
- Add a prepared veg Manchurian balls and stir well add spring onion and mix well.
- Turn of the gas. veg Manchurian is ready for serving.
- You can use veggies of your choice.
- You can add finely chopped chilies or chili flakes instead of chili powder.
- You can use cooked rice for making Manchurian balls crispy.
- You can serve veg Manchurian gravy with fried rice or veg Hakka noodles.
- When the use of grated cabbage, it releases more moisture so you can use finely chopped Cabbage.