Veg Hakka noodles recipe is a popular street food in India. These quick stir fry veg noodles can be a one-dish meal too. You can make these noodles with any choice of noodles variations.
Veg Hakka noodles is a very popular Chinese recipe. it is a popular street food which can be served as a party starter or even as a meal for lunch and dinner. It tastes good with Veg Manchurian.
Let’s learn to make delicious and spicy Veg hakka noodles.
FOR BOILING NOODLES
- 1 packet noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 5-6 cup water
FOR SCHEZWAN NOODLES
- 1 tbsp ginger ( chopped in small pieces)
- ½ tbsp. garlic ( chopped in small pieces)
- 2 tbsp olive/ sesame oil
- sliced carrot (small)
- sliced cabbage (4 tbsp )
- ½ sliced capsicum
- onion chopped (medium size)
- ½ tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tbsp. black pepper powder
- spring onion for garnishing
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. tomato sauce
- ½ tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tbsp schezwan sauce
HOW TO BOIL NOODLES ?
- In a large pan or Kadai take water, add 1 tbsp salt
- Add 1 tbsp oil and boil the water
- After boiling the water add noodles you can use any noodle of your choice
- Boil until noodles are soft.
- Stir occasionally in between turn of the flame and transfer it to strainer/ Chalan to drain excess water
- Pour 1-2 cups of cold water over boiled noodles and drain again to remove excess stickiness.
HOW TO MAKE VEG HAKKA NOODLES?
- heat up a large pan or Kadai add oil. you can use any regular oil.
- When the oil is hot add garlic and ginger. Fry for just about 20 seconds.
- Add onion also and saute for the high flame.
- Add sliced carrot, sliced capsicum. Mix well.
- Fry carrot and capsicum for just about a minute.
- Add sliced cabbage mix well stir fry on high flame without overcooking vegetable veggies should retain its crunch
- Add salt and mix well
- Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, schezwan sauce, chili sauce.
- Add vinegar, black pepper powder mix everything well together.
- Stir fry for a minute making sure sauces is well combined.
- Add boiled noodles and stir fry on high flame
- Mix until the sauces are well combined
- Noodles Mix well with the help of pair of tongs.
- Add spring onions for garnishing.
- Veg Hakka noodles are ready for serving
- Do not overcook the noodles if you overcook the noodles it gets sticky.
- If your noodles get sticky you can Pour 1-2 cups of cold water over boiled noodles and drain again to remove excess stickiness.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice