If you ask anyone to name any soup, the first name that occurs to the maximum of people, is tomato soup. Tomato soup is likely by everyone.
It is usually consumed before the meal, it can be served Hot OR Cold! Tomato Soup is very popular all over the world and it has different types according to the local taste.
Tomato soup is very affordable from scratch to the fresh tomato.
- Ten nos.Fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
- 3-4 nos. Peppercorns
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin/ jeera
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 1 black cardamom
- ⅓ cup onion (sliced)
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp ginger (chopped)
- ¾ tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup carrot
- Heat a pan and add some oil to it.
- Add peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin, cinnamon and black cardamom and cook it lightly.
- Add sliced onions, garlic, chopped ginger and diced carrots and mix well.
- All ingredients cook lightly.
- Add Kashmiri chili powder and a quick stir.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add ½ cup water and salt and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook nicely until the tomatoes are boiling.
- After boiling, make sure that tomatoes get soft and mushy.
- Add water and the stem of the coriander and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook for 20-25 minutes and boil it nicely.
- After completely tomato softening, strain it in a bowl.
- Press it nicely and strains it.
- Heat another pan and transfer the strained soup.
- Add a little bit of salt and stir well.
- Cook for one good boil.
- After boiling tomato soup, turn off the gas and soup in a bowl and garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Tomato soup is ready to serve.
- In that recipe, the carrot is optional if you don’t like carrot you can avoid it.
- You can add sugar to adjust the sour taste of tomatoes.
- While serving, You can add fresh cream to tomato soup.
- In the first stage, add a little amount of water for boiling tomatoes.
- Tomato soup tastes excellent when served hot along with garlic bread.
- You can use a blender also in that recipe for making tomato paste.