We all know pizza is an Italian recipe and it’s an all-time favorite recipe all across the world.
In India pizza has a huge audience base and usually craves for pizza.
We can make it at home easily and without an oven. Yes, you read it right, pizza without an oven, without yeast in a pan or Tawa.
In this recipe we are using regular vegetables as toppings but you can use as per your individual preference.
Let’s learn how to make tawa pizza at home.
FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1tbsp semolina
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tbsp oil
- Water as required
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2-3 chopped garlic
- 1 medium-size chopped onion
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 3 tbsp capsicum chopped
- Handful mushroom sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped tomato
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella cheese
FOR THE DOUGH
- Take all-purpose flour in a bowl and add, semolina (suji) add salt, baking powder, baking soda, add curd, add a pinch of sugar and add water as required and make a smooth and soft dough.
- Knead a dough at least for 5 minutes to ensure a smooth soft dough.
- Now add grease oil from all sides and cover it with a damp cloth and leave aside for half or hour.
FOR THE SAUCE
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped garlic, chili flakes and mix well together.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt, chopped onion, sprinkle dried oregano and pepper powder to taste.
- Add little water to make it saucy and Cook the tomatoes till they are mashy.
- Turn off the gas flame and cool it down.
- After cooling, grind all mixture into a paste.
- Pizza sauce is ready.
FOR THE TOPPING
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion, chopped capsicum, add sliced mushroom, add salt and toss all on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add pepper to taste, add oregano and toss again all and remove to the plate to cool.
FOR THE PIZZA
- Take a small portion of the dough and make it nice and even.
- Decide the size of the pizza depending upon the size of the pan.
- Sprinkle lightly flour the kitchen counter and press the dough with your hands.
- Using a rolling pin roll it out thin like a slightly thicker chapati.
- Using a fork prick the dough all over.
- Heat a pan or a tawa, spread a little oil and cook the pizza base on one side for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn it on to the other side cooking it in low flame.
- Brush a little oil on the pizza base so that it won’t be soggy after spreading the sauce.
- Spread the pizza sauce all over the base.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese all over
- Add all the toppings over the cheese.
- Sprinkle some more cheese on top.
- Cover the pan and cook until the cheese begins to melt on low flame.
- Tawa pizza is ready to serve.
- Remove the tawa pizza on plate and slice tawa pizza and serve hot.\
- Additionally, add paneer or vegetables of your choice.
- Knead the dough well, else Tawa pizza will be chewy.