Chicken Tandoori Tikka is the most popular and delicious starter dish in the world. It is rich in taste.
For chicken tandoor tikka taste’s secret lies in its Marination. The longer the Marination, the tastier chicken will be.
If you Tandoor or barbeque at home (180-200c for 20mins) then you can make restaurant style Tandoori chicken tikka easily at home. But If you don’t have Tandoor or barbeque at home then you can take hot Pan.
For Tandoori Chicken Tikka you have to do 2 Marination.
- Boneless Chicken leg piece – 500 gms
- Salt – to taste
- 1 Lemon
- ½ tbsp Ginger paste
- ½ tbsp Garlic paste
- 5 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1½ tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 cup Curd (thick)
- 1 Lemon
- salt – to taste
- ½ tbsp ginger paste
- ½ tbsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp Dried Methi Leaves Powder
- Chaat masala – a pinch
- Chopped Coriander
Let’s see the FIRST MARRINATION method
- First, take boneless leg pieces in a bowl
- The first thing we are going to add is SALT (Just a little).
- Then add Lemon juice to it.
- Now we are going to add ½ tbsp Ginger paste.
- Then ½ tbsp Garlic paste.
Now, marinate this mixture properly. This is our first Marination. This first Marination is done so that chicken soaks enough salt. Keep it aside at least half an hour so that it can get completely marinate.
Now we will make the SECOND MARINATION.
- Take 5 tbsp Mustard oil in a bowl.
- After mustard oil, we will add 1½ tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder. Kashmiri red chili powder gives a nice bright color.
- Add some ginger paste.
- Then some garlic paste.
- Then add thick Curd.
- Add a little bit of salt.
- Add lemon juice. Even though Curd is sour, but the lemon has its own freshness.
- Now add some Dried Methi Leaves Powder.
- Mix this mixture nicely.
- Now take that already marinated chicken. Squeeze the marinated chicken pieces one by one and remove excess water from them.
- Now add chicken to this mixture; mix it well.
- Let’s keep this mixture aside for Marination for at least 20 min. (If you keep it for 2-3 hrs, it’s the best.)
Let’s fry the Chicken Tandoori Tikka.
- Take a pan. When you heat the pan, It should be very, very hot. That means on overheat. That reason is If you cook the chicken on a cold pan or over a mild pan, the chicken will give out its water. So that’s why we will cook it on high flame so that very quickly the outer layer get’s sealed and that stays juicy from inside.
- Drizzle some oil on the heated pan.
- Now we will place the chicken onto this.
- Because it’s on high heat immediately, we will turn it.
- It will cook from both sides quickly. But the only outer layer.
- Now we will lower the heat, so it gets cooked from the inside too.
- It takes about a minimum of 15-20 mins to get completely ready.
- Now your chicken is ready to serve. Serve it with lemon wedges and sprinkle some chat masala and a little bit of coriander.
- Wash and dry chicken properly so that it can bake well.
- Keep in mind your curd should be very thick so that a mixture of curd will stick to the chicken properly.