Egg biryani is a rice recipe with fried eggs that merely is delicious and flavourful.
The classic biryani is made of goat meat, even with chicken it is made and over some time, there is a vegetarian version also with that, it is also made of eggs.
When it’s made of eggs, pay attention that when you boil eggs, they should be perfectly cooked and not get over boiled.
So let’s learn how to cook egg biryani in a pressure cooker.
FOR BROWING THE ONION
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 no. onion (thinly sliced)
TO MAKE BIRYANI
- 6 Boiled Eggs
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1-inch piece cinnamon
- 1 no. star anise
- 1 no. Cardamom pods
- 2 nos. Cloves
- 2 nos. Bay leaf
- 2 nos. Onion
- 1 green chilli
- Ginger garlic paste ½ tbsp
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 cup of Basmati rice
- 2 cup of water
- ½ cup curd
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- ¼ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp biryani masala
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- Boil eggs and peel them and take aside.
- Wash and soak the rice for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add oil and fry some onions and keep them aside.
- In the same pan add garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder and mix well.
- Take the boiled eggs and make slits on it with the help of a knife and add in the pan.
- Fry the eggs from all sides and keep them aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add some oil or ghee to the cooker and add star anise, cinnamon, cardamom pods, cloves, bay leaf and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onion and fry it until it turns golden brown color.
- After turning, onions golden brown colour Add green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Lower the heat and add curd and mix well for about 2 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and biryani masala and mix well and cook for about 5 minutes on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes, add mint leaves, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add the soaked rice and water and mix well.
- Add the fried eggs on top of the rice, add fried onions, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Place the lid and cook the egg biryani in a pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles on medium flame.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure cooker rest for 10 minutes before opening the lid of the cooker.
- Egg biryani is ready to serve.
- Egg biryani tastes excellent when served hot along with some raita and salad by the side.
- Use only long grain best quality basmati rice for making biryani.
- You can make egg biryani in an instant pot as well.
- You can use a few drops of kewra essence and it gives a pleasant aroma.
- When serving, you can remove all whole spices.
- If you take 1 cup of basmati rice, then take 1 and ¾ cup of water for perfect egg biryani.
- Do not use sour curd/yoghurt; use only fresh curd.