Paneer Makhani dish is trendy across all Indian dhabas, restaurants. Paneer Makhani is also an Indian vegetarian recipe.
Paneer Makhani is one dish that is like a one-pot dish. We cook everything in one pot, puree it, and finish it in the same pot. Just in case, even if you are thinking of any other recipe, do not. This is the simplest and the tastiest paneer Makhani.
- 5-6 tbsp ghee
- 250 gm paneer chopped into cubes
- One piece of cinnamon
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Cloves 3
- 1-2 green cardamom
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves 8-9
- Ginger -1 small piece
- Green chili 1-2 nos.
- One black cardamom
- Cashew nuts 12 nos.
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 cup tomato sliced
- 1 cup hot water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 3-4 tbsp low fat cream
- Heat a pan and add a little water in the pan very little add roughly chopped tomatoes, sliced onion, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, black cardamom, cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves, green chili, cashew nuts, and mix well.
- Add salt as per your taste and stir well.
- After mixing everything, cover the pan with a lid. And then cook it patiently over medium flame. For about 20-25 minutes.
- After 20-25 minutes, turn off the gas.
- Remove the bay leaf, black cardamom, and cinnamon. Remove these three spices because these spices will take them to a darker shade when we grind it. So we have to remove them.
- Now let it cool a bit and then Grind it into a fine puree.
- Take another pan and Heat the pan and add butter. After melting butter, add chopped ginger, garlic, green chili and lightly saute this for about 30 seconds.
- Add paneer cubes into the pan lightly cook both sides them, do not overcook the paneer, sprinkle salt on paneer.
- Add red chili powder as per your taste and stir well make sure that the chili powder does not burn.
- And add gravy immediately and mix well.
- Cook this for about 5-6 minutes over medium flame.
- Add some salt as per your taste and stir well.
- Turn off the gas and after that, add it into fresh cream and lightly mix it.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves powder (dried methi leaves). You may crush it entirely or keep it a bit coarse.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Paneer Makhani is ready to serve.
- You can serve this with fulka, roti, paratha, naan.
- If you don’t like onion, garlic, green chili, then avoid it.
- If you cook paneer longer, it loses its softness and becomes chewy. So cook the paneer for just about 4-5 minutes.
- In case something is not fine with your mixer, or you see more chunks, you may strain it.