Jeera rice is a top-rated and easy and straightforward recipe. Even bachelors can make it. Jeera rice mostly eats with Dal Tadka or Dal Fry.
Jeera rice is one of the highest-selling dishes in Indian restaurants. This dish requires only three ingredients rice, cumin, and oil.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- cumin seeds
- coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Take 1 cup long grain basmati rice, wash rice and add 1 1/2 cup water in the rice and soak rice for 30 minutes
- If you have just washed rice and haven’t soaked it, use 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add the rice into the pan and add water.
- Add salt to taste as per your taste and mix well.
- Bring rice to boil in high heat.
- When the rice begins to boil nicely after 3-4 minutes on high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Cover the pan and cook rice on medium heat until 95% of water is absorbed. No need to absorb all water.
- If rice sticks to the pan’s bottom, put a skillet on gas and put the pan on it, and cook.
- After 95% of cooked rice, strain the rice, and spread it on the tray.
- Spread the rice on the tray because the rice will help it cool faster.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Add ghee. You can use oil instead of ghee, but you should use ghee to make perfect jeera rice.
- When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds and stir well make sure the cumin seeds do not turn black.
- Add rice and fry on low heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt if required as per your taste.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Jeera rice is ready to serve.
- Jeera rice goes well with sambar, dal fry, or dal tadka. You can also have it with gravy or curry.
- Use thick bottom and flat pan while cooking basmati rice in the pan so that the rice gets evenly cooked. It doesn’t become sticky or clumpy. It gets nicely cooked.
- If you have not cooked the rice completely or have cooked it up to 90% or even less, you can sprinkle 1-2 tbsp water over the rice and cover and cook for 5-7 minutes until the rice will 100% cooked.